The Department of Pedagogy and Psychology is one of the first departments established at the Tajik State University of Languages in 1980. The department conducts focuses its work on the pedagogical and psychological education students, theoretical issues of education and personal development.
It has made a significant contribution to the training and education of highly qualified teaching and translation staff and has conducted research on the fundamental topic of “Ways to implement the law of the Republic of Tajikistan on parental responsibility in the upbringing of children. Teachers of the department have developed a series of articles and textbooks, educational programs, textbooks which will be used in the lessons. The professional activity of the teachers of the department is aimed at improving the knowledge and pedagogical skills of students. The department was one of the largest departments of the institute, which in September 2017 was transferred to the faculty of Russian philology. It is a leading department , under which the discussion of master’s and doctoral dissertations as well as the defense of dissertations and term papers and the issuance of reviews.
Currently, 21 teachers work, including 4 doctors of pedagogical sciences, 4 candidates of pedagogical sciences, 3 senior teachers and 6 assistants.
The department has more than 18 working units in 22 disciplines: pedagogy, psychology and teaching methods: “General pedagogy”, “History of pedagogy”, “General psychology”, “Age psychology”, “Professional psychology”. , "Psychology of communication", "Pedagogy of higher education", "Special studies", "History of thinking of Tajik folk pedagogy" and others.
Teachers of the department teach undergraduate and graduate courses at all faculties of the institute and occupy leading positions in teaching and pedagogical practice. Under the guidance of teachers of the department, students write term papers, dissertations.
The department has three graduate students, six candidates. Their work is satisfactory and reports twice a year to the scientific and methodological council of the department. In 2015, two candidates for the department successfully defended their thesis. In 2019, they defended their specialties 13.00.01, including D. Ashurova (doctoral dissertation), M. Kadimova (candidate dissertation).
- increase the level of knowledge of students in pedagogical specialties;
- development of the theory of education and training methods for highly qualified personnel;
The main role of the department is to develop new educational technologies, the specific structure of the methodological support of the entire educational process and is aimed at training young professionals who are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of teaching. Also, the promotion of professional development of the Republic of Tajikistan is the provision of professional educational programs.
The main tasks of the department are:
- implementation of the policies of the President of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Government regarding the education of the younger generation;
- implementation of the National Education Concept of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- implementation of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan on education;
- Implementation of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On the responsibility of parents for raising children”;
- the development of students' professional skills, responsibility, worldview, national identity, the formation of a new culture and the training of professional specialists in the field of teaching and translation;
- Development of educational programs in accordance with pedagogical directions, ensuring innovative methods and high quality in the educational process, taking into account modern scientific and practical achievements.
- training in professional communication in the chosen specialty, improvement of pedagogical skills and training;
- expansion of the humanistic, cognitive and aesthetic worldview of students;